Friday, July 24, 2009

Do you want fries with that?

Project Proposition:
After being inspired by Bakerella (and by fate having all the materials necessary to take on such a task) I decided to do something fun for Father's Day.
Here is the Bakerella link Fast Food Fun.

My Thinking:
I made some gluten free vanilla cupcakes from a box mix for my G.F.F. (gluten free friend)
. I set aside 4 or 5 cupcakes after realizing there was brownie mix in the pantry. Also, I manage to find some nutella (to be the "glue") and left over Gingerbread Men decor. Furthermore, I had some sugar cookie dough in the freezer. So why not put all these great treats to use?!

Buns of Gluten Free Goodness - I cut the cupcakes in half horizontally.

Burger Brownie - I just dropped the brownie mix in a cupcake liners and cut the brownies down to size accordingly - think smarter not harder.

Nutty for Nutella - I used the nutella to hold the brownie burger patty to the cupcake bun, and to stick on my green Xmas dollops for lettuce and red sprinkles for ketchup.

Sweet Fries - I rolled out the sugar cookie dough flat and cut up in long skinny rectangles to bake on a cookie sheet. I added some sugar to look like salt and did a bit of fry trimming after baking and cooling.

Success:
The mini sliders came out great - Dad was impressed! Below are some pictures. Also, I got a lot of positive feedback via FB. Thanks Bakerella for the idea (and making me hungry every time I check out your blog...)


No comments:

Post a Comment