Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oranges to Apples

Project Proposition:
Transfer my iTunes library on my Dell to my new MacBook Pro (belated to do by 1 month).

My Thinking:
Surely it can't be very difficult to accomplish this task - will back up all my music on an external drive and try to network my Dell and MacBP.

3-4 hours later....and settings screwed up on my external hd.....don't ask...

I found this link, and of course it was on the Apple Support Website.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

Success or Mishap?:
Networking my computer with Samba failed because it was not very user friendly (aka let me skip through reading the instructions and hope for the best). I will give myself a "mishap" for over-thinking the situation and a "success" for finally accomplishing my end goal.

End Note:
Yes, I feel silly for having to post this, but I am sure that I am not the only person in the world that has encountered the epic battle of Windows vs Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment