Friday, July 31, 2009

Some Like It Hot!

Project Proposition:
One night I invited my parents over to the boyfriend's and I made my famous Tilapia Fish Tacos with Fresh Kroger White Tortillas (its a staple, brand loyal item in the pantry).

My mom brought over Pink Chili Mayo that she found the recipe for on Food Network.

My boyfriend proceeded to savor the left over Mayo by putting it on everything. After much nagging, I agreed to make it for him with the promise it would be significantly spicy. Here's the original recipe:

Pink Chili Mayo:
  • 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (I found these at Kroger in the Tex Mex section)
  • Juice 1/2 lime
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Put the mayonnaise, sour cream, peppers, and lime juice in a blender and process to a puree. Refrigerate the mayo for 1/2 hour to let the flavors to blend; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.

Yield: 8 servings

My Thinking:

To make this thing spicy, I'll drop in lots of jalapenos. Lots was not enough fire. I used to secret ingredient, I put a dab of Red Roster Sauce and a dab of tubed cilantro. My mom loves cilantro and usually customizes her mayo with fresh cilantro and garlic.

Both my Mother and I used light Sour Cream and Light Kraft Mayo.

Success:

This recipe is all about making it your version of "spicy". The chipotle peppers in adobe sauce give the mayo great taste and can be used for sandwiches, tacos, salads and so on.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, you should join Twitter as a DIY girl. I think you could be successful.

    ReplyDelete