Thursday, July 23, 2009

To be determined....

Sorry for being MIA, have been busy - but lots to come!

DEFRAGMENTATION.

Talk about a scary word.

Projection Proposition:
Clean up my old Dell - restore to better working condition by getting rid of some old pictures and backing up photos to an external hard drive. (External Hard Drives for Dummies....there's potential for a new post....)

My Thinking:
Go through and uninstall old/unused programs, clean up registry files, etc. This article gives suggestions of places to clean up before defragging your computer.

I went to go analyze my c drive this morning. I got an error saying I didn't have enough space to defrag (apparently you need at least 15% free space perform defragmentation, however you can choose to override this error, I only had 7% space available).

Success or Mishap?
TBA

Because of the space error I believe a couple things may happen.
1) It will take forever for my defrag to complete
2) My defrag will not complete
3) My computer will crash

Will keep you posted....(keep your fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment