Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Health Nut

Projection Proposition:

Going full force health nutty by making homemade peanut butter to spare myself from hidden sugar and preservatives.


Side note- United Market Street sells their own homemade peanut butter and almond butter, but I wanted to try making it on my own before succumbing to buying it.


My Thinking:

All it should take is a handful of peanuts (unsalted, etc) and a little drop of peanut oil.


Solution:

After blowing the dust off my “As Seen on TV” purchase – the Magic Bullet – I threw in the peanuts, drop of peanut oil, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It was that simple.


Success:

My homemade peanut butter paired with a Gala apple made my lunch fantastic!

Yes I am going a little hippy in the kitchen. I am now feeling the itch to make homemade applesauce…

No comments:

Post a Comment