Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just Hangin...

I promise I will post pictures for "Just Hangin..." and "Word." soon!


Project Proposition:

After a recent move from a large vast space to the confine of a 10x10 oddly shaped room back home, I was submersed into an organizational hell of clothes. I needed a sturdy hanging rack, and nothing store bought was going to suffice.


My Thinking:

This should be easy, there surely is something online a solve my dilemma – Google me away.

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/06/diy-project-kates-rolling-coat-rack.html


Solution:

I made a trip to Home Depot and bought black piping (it was cheaper than the aluminum piping). I bought 3 long pipes (72 inches?), 4 short pipes (18 inches?), 6 90 degree angle connectors, and two T connectors.


I didn’t bother with the wheels or anything (didn’t have the patience).


I made sure to clean off the pipes before putting them all together, but it was a fairly easy process to construct.


Success:

After putting everything together, the ultimate test was to see if the clothing rack would hold all my clothes. I felt like an accomplished engineer, the rack held the weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment